Junior Project Coordinator Oxfam Novib Academy
Starting date as soon as possible (1 year)
Based in The Hague
Introduction of Oxfam Novib
Oxfam Novib is a worldwide development organization. We are a proud member of Oxfam, a global confederation that has a shared commitment towards reducing poverty and striving for a just world. We are looking for young professionals who get excited about obtaining experience on how international development cooperation works, the challenges we face and the inspirational results we see every day.
Introduction of Oxfam Novib Academy:
Oxfam Novib wants to be a knowledge-drive organization. Our ambitions to show the impact of our work and have programs based on evidence, means we need to include rigorous and independent research as a coherent part of our work. There is also a great need to bring theory, practice and personal & organizational development together to deal with the kinds of ‘wicked problems’. The Oxfam Novib Academy provides a platform to make this a reality, by partnering effectively with students to increase the impact of our campaigns and programs.
Introduction of position
You will play a key role in making the Oxfam Novib Academy a continued success. You will coordinate the recruitment of the incoming interns and facilitate their learning trajectory and that of their mentors within the organization. This involves for example liaising with different project teams throughout our organization and organizing training sessions. We also expect that you manage and produce content for our various online communication channels (e.g. Blog) and that you can represent the Oxfam Novib Academy during events. This means that we are looking for someone with excellent communication and collaboration skills. We also specifically ask you to initiate your own projects to use your talents and interests to increase the success of the Oxfam Novib Academy.
The Oxfam Novib Academy coordinator is a junior trainee position. Oxfam Novib realizes that it is hard to find an entry position within the international development sector to build your experience and network. This position therefore specifically aims at young people looking for an opportunity to get their first experience. That’s why this position is only for one year. Every year, another trainee gets the opportunity to increase his or her working experience in this position.
- Project management of the Oxfam Novib Academy (planning, reporting, communication)
- Safeguard and coordinate the internship of two groups of +/- 10 internships (e.g. recruitment, organize workshops, internal learning events, webinars, and coaching and peer-to-peer advise)
- Develop (online) communication materials and manage the content of the Oxfam Novib Academy platform’s (e.g. Facebook and Blog)
- Ensure knowledge and research of students is widely accessible and used;
- Propose and test innovative elements to the content and ways of working of the Oxfam Novib Academy.
- Assist interns and your team members in Team Information Management to develop and disseminate attractive ‘knowledge products’
- 0-2 years of work experience
- At least a bachelor degree in a relevant field (HBO/ WO)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication and writing skills (especially online communications)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent skill to network both internal and external
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Ability to work flexible
- Hands-on approach and result oriented
- Open attitude to learning
- Experience in project management is a plus
What we offer
- Access to a global network of experienced staff and partners.
- A great work experience for an international NGO.
- Coaching and supervision by the Oxfam Novib Academy project lead.
- An inspiring learning environment.
You will be scaled in salary scale 5 between EU1792,- and EU2756,- based on 36 hours a week.
If you are interested please apply here on or before the 23th of August 2017 (we don’t process applications received by e-mail). Interviews will be held in the week of August 28th. You can refer your letter to Esther Benning (Project lead). For questions about this position, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Oxfam Novib Academy see: oxfamnovibacademy.wordpress.com
If you have any questions send us an email.